MODIPER® S series, functional polymer additives with anti-shrinkage property
MODIPER® S series is a styrene-vinyl acetate block copolymer developed by NOF from a unique polymeric peroxide. This series includes MODIPER® MS10B, a methyl methacrylate-styrene block copolymer. MODIPER® S series is an excellent anti shrinkage agent for unsaturated polyester (UP) resins. Especially, MODIPER® S series is effective as shrinkage inhibitor for non shrink room temperature molding and resin concrete such as SMC/BMC molding, pultrusion molding, hand layup, and spray up . MODIPER® S series is also useful as a compatibility agent for UP resins which is a anti shrinkage agent of PS and SBS .
Line up and properties of MODIPER® S series
Hand lay up,
|3.8||84888-24-4||Acid denaturized grade||SMC·BMC|
Hand lay up,
|2.0||106911-77-7||Improves machining properties||Hand lay up,|
*1 PVAc: poly vinyl acetate, PS: polystyrene, PMMA: Polymethyl methacrylate, aPS: acid denaturized polystyrene, mPVAc: modified poly vinyl acetate
*2 Solid content 30wt% styrene solution viscosity (at 25ºC)
Applications examples of MODIPER® S series
- SMC: Bathtubs, waterproof pans, water tank panels, septic tanks, etc.
- Hand lay up, spray lay up: pipe joints, FRP molds, etc.
- BMC: Breaker boxes, all types of housing, parabola antenna, etc.
- Resin concrete: Bathroom wall paneling, artificial marble, etc.
- Pultrusion molding: Septic tanks reinforcement rings, etc.