・ High Performance of Solubility to any Hydrophobic Drugs
・ Phosphorylcholine-Base Biocompatible Polymer
・ No Irritation
・ No Toxicity
・ Nano Particle Drug Delivery
NOF provides unigue hydrophilic polymers (PUREBRIGHT® MB) that allow ready solubilization of hydrophobic drugs in aqueous solutions. These polymers consist of copolymers of 2-methacryloyloxyethyl phosphorylcholine (MPC™) and n-butyl methacrylate (BMA). Introduction of hydrophobic BMA units leads to solubilization of drugs via hydrophobic interactions.
Patent No. : JP3571878, JP4233251, US6214957
High Performance of Solubility to any Hydrophobic Drugs
Efficacy of an MPC-BMA Co-polymer as a Nanotransporter for Paclitaxel (ANTICANCER RESEARCH 27: 1431-1436(2007))
5. Toxicological Data
Safety data of PUREBRIGHT® MB-37 series shows similar activity in comparison with other solubilizers, such as poloxamer and polyoxyethylene castor oil. LDs of more than 25,000mg/kg (mice, orally) and more than 1,000mg/kg (rats, iv) have been obtained.
6. Unique Feature : Water soluble film of drug and PUREBRIGHT® MB-37 series
Water soluble film can be also obtained with evaporating solution in which drugs and PUREBRIGHT® MB-37 series are dissolved.
K.Ishihara, et al., J.Biomed.Mater.Res. ,65A, 2. 210-215 (2003)
T.Konno, et al., Proceed.Int'l.Symp.Control.Rel.Bioact.Mater., 29, 464 (2002)
7. Pharmaceutical Application (Published) :
Oncology Drug Formulation
1) H. Takeuchi et al., "Molecular Diagnosis and Translymphatic Chemotherapy Targeting Sentinel Lymph Nodes of Patients with Early Gastrointestinal Cancers"; Digestion82, 187-191(2010).
2) T. Kamei et al., "Spatial distribution of intraperitoneally administrated palitaxel nanoparticles soluybilized with poly (2-methacryloxyethyl phosphorylcholine-co n-butyl methacrylate) in peritoneal metastatic nodules"; Cancer Sci.102(1),200-205 (2010).
3) D. Soma et al., "Intraperitoneal administration of paclitaxel solubilized with poly(2-methacryloxyethyl phosphorylcholine-co n-butyl methacrylate) for peritoneal dissemination of gastric cancer"; Cancer Sci. 100(10), 1979-1985 (2009).
DNA Delivery M. Ukawa et al., "2-Methacryloyloxyethyl phosphorylcholine polymer (MPC)-coating improves the transfection activity of GALA-modified lipid nanoparticles by assisting the cellular uptake and intracelluar dissociation of plasmid DNA in primary hepatocytes"; Biomaterials31(24),6355 - 6362 (2010).